SolarEdge’s StorEdge DC coupled storage solution can be used to increase energy independence for homeowners by utilizing a battery to store and supply power as needed. To optimize self-consumption, the battery is automatically charged and discharged to meet consumption needs and reduce the amount of power purchased from the grid. The solution is based on a single inverter for both PV and storage. Existing SolarEdge systems can be upgraded to the StorEdge solution.
To learn more about providing backup power during grid outages using StorEdge, click here.
- DC coupled solution allows high system efficiency
- PV power is stored directly in the battery
- No additional conversions from AC to DC and back to AC
- Module-level power optimization for more power harvesting
Simple Design & Installation
- A single inverter for both PV and on-grid storage
- Outdoor installation allows flexibility in battery location
- No special wires are required -> utilizes the same PV cables
Full Visibility and Easy Maintenance
- Monitor the battery status, PV production, and self-consumption data
- Smarter energy consumption to reduce electricity bill
- Remote access to inverter/battery software
- PV array and battery voltage designed to reduce to a safe voltage upon AC shut down
- Compliance with VDE 2100-712